The focuses of mathematics learning/ impact of learning:
· Compare, ordering, reading and writing numbers from 0 to at least 20
· Using knowledge of place value to record numbers on tracks and lines
· Learning and counting at least 20 objects
· Recognising that when objects are rearranged the number is the same
· Learning numbers names
· Counting forwards and backwards from 0 to 20, then beyond
· Place value
· Early addition and subtraction and related language and symbols including equals (=) sign
· Solving problems involving counting, adding and subtracting
The children are using appropriate language and symbols in context, children read and write numerals from 0 to 10, then to 20. They understand that, for example, the number 12 is written with two digits. They know that as they count from zero along a number track each number is one more and the numbers get bigger. As they count back, each number is one less and the numbers get smaller. They find missing or covered numbers on a number track.
· Read simple classroom labels with additional pictures or symbols.
· Attempt to write labels, for instance in role-play area.